Sunday, August 28, 2016

The Taoist sage has no ambitions, therefore he can never fail



The Taoist sage has no ambitions, therefore he can never fail. He who never fails always succeeds. And he who always succeeds is all- powerful.

What is ambition - it is a strong desire of achievement or distinction, such as fame, wealth, power, or honor. It is the willingness to strive for its attainment.

In his quote, he said there is no ambition, and therefore he never fails. If he never fails, he always succeeds. It took me a long time to understand this quote, but now it makes sense.

I am not ambitious, I am not seeking power or fame or wealth, so therefore I cannot fail and I love the knowledge of knowing that I cannot fail. Personally, I am content and successful, and therefore at peace.

Here is a short description of Taoism -

Taoism (also called Daoism) is a religious or philosophical tradition of Chinese origin that emphasizes living in harmony with the Tao (also romanized as Dao). The term Tao means "way", "path", or "principle", and can also be found in Chinese philosophies and religions other than Taoism.

No comments:

Post a Comment