Saturday, September 3, 2016

Life is a wonderful journey



I often read a lot of quotes written by influential people and admit that I do not give much thought to what was said. I would agree with the quotes, realize there is wisdom and forget  the words.

In the past, I never tried to challenge the quotes and embrace the wisdom. Now I give a little more thought to some of the quotes and make an effort to understand the meaning.

I am trying to become a more peaceful person, to honor and respect the world. I am changing and enjoying the journey. Now I have discovered it all starts with ME.

When I read quotes I now have a deeper understanding of the meaning of the words. Now I take action and I am discovering life is beautiful.

It does not matter if you are wealthy, powerful or influential, it does not matter if you do not have a home or know where the next meal will come from. All that matters is - you have the power to change your circumstances. The change all starts with You.

 I have come to realize that the world cannot change me, circumstances cannot change me and that as long as I depend on material possessions or people for happiness, I am not happy.  I have found that as long as I am attached to possessions, or people I remain a prisoner. Now that I have let go of attachments, I have found inner peace, and purpose,  I am connected to the source of life, I am free, happy and peaceful. There has been a shift in energy, the flow of life, acceptance and peace.

Life is a wonderful journey, when you begin to live.

I am sharing some wonderful quotes and I hope you enjoy the meaning.


“He who clings to his work will create nothing that endures.” ~ Lao Tzu

 “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” ~ Lao Tzu

 “If you want to become whole, let yourself be partial. If you want to become straight, let yourself be crooked. If you want to become full, let yourself be empty. If you want to be reborn, let yourself die. If you want to be given everything, give everything up.” ~ Lao Tzu

 “Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power.” ~ Lao Tzu

 “If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.” ~ Lao Tzu

 “He who rushes ahead doesn’t go far.” ~ Lao Tzu

 “He who tries to shine dims his own light.” ~ Lao Tzu

 “He who defines himself can’t know who he really is.” ~ Lao Tzu

 “He who has power over others can’t empower himself.” ~ Lao Tzu

 “Give evil nothing to oppose and it will disappear by itself.” ~ Lao Tzu

No comments:

Post a Comment