Monday, September 26, 2016

You have a choice each and every single day




We do have a choice. We can choose to be happy or sad, joyful and love life or we can wallow in self-pity, feeling sorry for the little "me".

Most people start their day with the wrong attitude. How many when waking up utter ungrateful words. "Another day, it's cold; I'm tired” and so on. It is bad energy that you have generated and it will surely follow you for the rest of the day.

What about the people who are constantly moaning, I bet there is not too much happiness in that life. On the other hand, the people who love to shout and criticize others and walk around with a conceited attitude, thinking that they are right and everybody is idiots. We have many people who are like that, the arrogant ones who don’t know how to smile.

Then we have the people who are always smiling, grateful, and happy and I am sure it is because they have generated a happy energy. Probably when they rise in the morning, their first words would be, “it’s a beautiful day”.
 I used to wake up moaning, and I can honestly say, I had some difficult days. Until I found out that my attitude toward life and people was wrong, I remained in an unhappy state. When I learned to change myself, my thoughts, and my attitude, my life changed. I began to realize the meaning of “be renewed in the spirit of your mind”. Ego is the enemy.
Ephesians 4:23-24New International Version (NIV)
23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

I have search for truth, not only from the bible but from great spiritual teachers and many times I have come to realize it was there all the time, I just never made an effort to find the way.  Each day is a new and exciting time for me, as I search for more wisdom, and understanding. It is as though I have only started to live and it is never to late to change.

Can you imagine if we all lived with a grateful attitude, the world would be at peace?

Here is what the Buddha has to say about choice.

You have a choice each and every single day.
You can choose to feel blessed.
You can choose to feel grateful.
You can choose to be thankful.
You can choose to be happy.
You can choose to be generous.
You can choose to be kind.
You can choose to be loving
You can choose to be mindful.
You can choose to be free from suffering

Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their sufferings. Some suffer too much.. Others too little.
~The Buddha~

No comments:

Post a Comment