Sunday, October 2, 2016

Worrying is a waste of time



Worrying over or dwelling upon harmful actions we have done in the past is a waste of time and energy. Instead, we should put our efforts into cultivating beneficial thoughts to overcome and replace harmful ones. In fact, we must cultivate thoughts of generosity, compassion, loving-friendliness, and equanimity again and again in order to weaken and destroy harmful inclinations and create beneficial ones.
~ Bhante Gunaratana~
 
"Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can. "
~ The Dalai Lama ~
 
 
The more we want, the more we lose. The more we think that we are the controllers, the more we
become the slaves. But once we let it go, we will get it back.
When we are free from attachment to everything in the world, it will come back to us and belong to us in such a way that does not cause any pain or unhappiness.
This is the truth of the world.
~ Ajahn Paisal Visalo ~

 When your happiness is based on external conditions, it’s actually not happiness at all.
~ Buddhist Wisdom ~




No comments:

Post a Comment